Each month, founder of Cardinal Rule Press, Maria Dismondy, will be reviewing business books she is currently reading. Along with a brief review, she is sharing some of her favorite quotes from the book.
You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
You Are a Badass at Making Money will launch you past the fears and stumbling blocks that have kept financial success beyond your reach. Drawing on her own transformation – over just a few years – from a woman living in a converted garage with tumbleweeds blowing through her bank account to a woman who travels the world in style, Jen Sincero channels the inimitable sass and practicality that made You Are a Badass an indomitable best seller. She combines hilarious personal essays with bite-size, aha concepts that unlock earning potential and get real results.
A few years ago, I read You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
The book was inspiring and even after reading, I could hear the authors words in my head. I figured I would give her business book a try for this review series.
My review of the book: This book is above all MOTIVATIONAL before EDUCATIONAL. If you are looking for support on mindset and getting out of a space of self doubt, this is the book for you!
Top 10 Favorite Quotes:
1. “The walls of your comfort zone are lovingly decorated with your lifelong collection of favorite excuses.”
2. “What you focus on you create more of.”
3. “What comes out of your mouth comes into your life.”
4. “Pay attention to the things you’re drawn to, the things you’re good at, the things you lose yourself in, the things that make you stand up and say, “My foot! I can’t feel my foot!” because you’ve been sitting in the same position for hours, totally engrossed.”
5. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.”
6. “The best way to be as mighty as you can be is by getting crystal clear about, and extremely attached to, your Why.”
7. “How determined you are determines your outcome.”
8. “Staying the course involves some bends in the road. Being stubborn, refusing to go with the flow, will leave you in a ditch with an airbag exploded in your face. Never give up, course correct when necessary, and have faith that if you have the desire, the Universe has your back.”
9. “Entrepreneurs are usually really creative people, which is awesome when you have to write an entire album or thirty-five marketing e-mails, but can be a menace when you’re starting a business. I guarantee you, the moment you get a great idea for a business and start working on it, you’ll get awesome ideas for several others. If you split your attention and try to pursue more than one at once, you’re screwed.”
10. “Get good at sales. Sorry, but if you’re in business, you’re in the business of sales, cuz without sales, you ain’t got no business. Take courses, discover the parts about sales that you’re good at (it goes deeper than you think), practice, get good at the skill sets, and stop saying how much you love everything about your business except the sales part.”
Don’t forget to sign up for Cardinal Rule Press freebies and tips coming right to your inbox with our bi-weekly Newsletter. Sign up today!
Leave a comment