There are so many business books I have read that have benefited our publishing company or my author platform. Over the next few months, I will highlight some of my favorite business books with a brief synopsis of the book as well as my top ten takeaways or quotes.
Book Title: Leave Your Mark
Author: Aliza Licht
Drawing invaluable lessons from her experience, Licht shares advice, inspiration, and a healthy dose of real talk in Leave Your Mark. She delivers personal and professional guidance for people just starting their careers and for people who are well on their way. With a particular emphasis on communicating and building your personal brand, something she knows a thing or two about, Aliza is your sassy, knowledgeable guide to the contemporary working world, where personal and professional lines are blurred and the most important thing you can have is a strong sense of self.
If you want more out of your career, you want to grow your brand and you would like to hear stories of someone who has done this, Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht is the book for you.
Want the insider scoop on what your followers really want to see on social media?
Top Ten Quotes:
1. “Life isn’t a dress rehearsal; you have to go for it. But it takes hard work and dedication and you might not always get what you think you deserve. It doesn’t matter. Handle yourself with professionalism and remember that in business, your personal brand is your greatest asset. Mind your reputation and the rest will come.”
2. “If you don’t ask, you’ll never know. Be an educated risk taker.”
3. “Nothing is yours unless you work for it—and however hard you think you have to work in order to get somewhere, I can promise you that it’s triple.”
4. “If you can’t recite your elevator pitch at the drop of a hat, stay home.”
5. “If you get to the top of the ladder by pushing people off, you’ll find that there won’t be a ladder left or people to help you get back down.”
6. “How you brand and market yourself can weigh just as heavily on your success as your actual skills do.”
7. “That gut feeling, the one that pulls at you to get your attention, is definitely worth the time to examine.”
8. “Mentors shape who we are. They guide us and let us learn from their successes and their failures. They’re the ultimate big sister in our professional lives. They give you room to grow and help you realize who you are and what you’re capable of doing. They give you that needed nudge, that sign of encouragement. They challenge you to be your best, and if they’re good, they’re also tough on you. Because mentors aren’t there to flatter you; they’re there to help you.”
9. “You can always tell when an employee thinks, “Oh, that’s stupid. I’m not going to put a lot of effort into that.” Wrong attitude! You have to think about how that task serves the bigger picture. Every job matters along the food chain, so take pride in everything you do, even if it seems pointless at the time. Also, if you throw a fit when you have to do something you don’t want to, I can promise you that when a good project pops up, it will be given to someone else.”
10. “I’ve always been a very forthright person, and I think that has helped me gain the trust of many. I believe that there is something very attractive about honesty.”
Did you know you can get our latest updates sent RIGHT to your inbox? Sign up here.
And if you’re looking for parenting tips, join Maria Dismondy’s Empowering Kids with Character mailing list and and receive a free 40 Book Challenge download.
My name is Maria Dismondy. I am a children’s book author who also founded the publishing company, Cardinal Rule Press.
Finding ways to market my messages is a passion of mine. I want to help you gain greater recognition of your brand, to generate new readers and improve your sales. Why? Because I love to GIVE and CONNECT and I truly believe we are all in this together!
Leave a comment