During the summer of 2020, our publishing company hosted an interview series with popular bookstores and libraries across the country. Our founder, Maria Dismondy, hosted the interviews. We got to take an inside look into these creative spaces that house our favorite things—books and books and readers!
Covid-19 caused a lot of heartache and disappointment in the world. But it couldn’t take books away from readers. Find out how these professionals in the industry used creative thinking to present out of the box ideas to offer programming and more to their readers.
In this interview, we heard from Shionka McGlory at Mocha Books.
- Mocha Books is an online bookstore that started out as a reading room or a local spot or warehouse in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- They focus on black indigenous, latin X, people of color books and authors and main protagonists. They do a lot of focus as well on independent authors.
- Looking into launching a mobile bookstore to the surrounding coommunity.
- B is for Breathe: The ABCs of Coping with Fussy and Frustrating Feelings
- There’s a Person on Top of My Bed
- The Magic of We
Read this blog post if you want to know more about what we learned at the Summer Library & Bookstore Tour!
Don’t forget to sign up for Cardinal Rule Press freebies and tips coming right to your inbox with our bi-weekly Newsletter. Sign up today!
Leave a comment