Raja’s Pet Camel by Anita Amin, illustrated by Parwinder Singh was released on October 1st, 2020. Despite the challenges of stay at home orders in 2020, the release kicked off online with close to 100 people tuning into the very first LIVE reading. Anita was able to connect with classrooms nationwide via virtual visits.
The virtual book tour kicked off with a preorder campaign. The following influencers highlighted Raja’s Pet Camel on their social media accounts the last two weeks of September.
Tales From Outside the Classroom
Stories by Storie
Teaching Little Leaders
The Teacher Bowtique
Hello Cold Coffee
My Teacher Says So
Missing Tooth Grins
Teaching in High Heels
The Busy Busy Hive
We then jumped right into the virtual book tour with the following influencers highlighting Raja’s Pet Camel on their social media.
With this launch, we also partnered with another company – Storygram Tours – who had their influencers posting about the launch of Raja’s Pet Camel, as well.
We so appreciate all the social media influencers helping us get the word out about our latest children’s book release! They do such a phenomenal job collaborating with us! We didn’t stop with just social media, however. Our author went on to do some podcast and blog interviews, too.
- Claire, of A Field Trip Life, who had a book published with Cardinal Rule Press just this past May, Evie’s Field Day, had this to say: “RAJA’S PET CAMEL is a great book to read aloud. The text and illustrations are filled with humor and children will laugh when they see the trouble that Kamal gets into. And, who wouldn’t want a pet camel?”
- Becca (of Language During Mealtime) writes that Raja’s Pet Camel “is a wonderful story about a young boy’s journey finding his forever pet, Kamal. It’s also a story that is educational and helps children learn more about Indian culture.”
- To hear Anita share a little about Raja’s Pet Camel, you can tune in to a short clip at the beginning of this podcast episode of Picturebooking.
- Anita was thrilled to have Raja’s Pet Camel featured in the Weekly KidLit411 blog post!
- To find out a little more about Anita and the history behind her writing, you’ll want to read the interview in the blog post on Only Picture Books.
- Anita was proud to have Raja’s Pet Camel featured in 12 x 12 for their November Featured Author spotlight. She was the author of the post and you can read a little more her personal thoughts on finding an agent and getting your book published!
- Raja’s Pet Camel was featured in the South Asian Kidlit 2020 – Fall blog post by children’s book author, Darshani Khiani.
- Mothers Gurukul featured a review on Raja’s Pet Camel and advised “set in India, this tale of love, hope, and friendship along with colorful pictures will engage young kids”
Anita also had an interview with her local news channel, Channel 10 in Tampa Bay.
We look forward to continuing seeing children around the world benefit from the message of HOPE in the book Raja’s Pet Camel. Especially this year, in 2020, when so many things have been uncertain and cancelled, children need this message of hope. Our children trusted that if there was a plan, the plan would play out. But this year, we have found that this is not the case. It has been a huge learning curve for both adults and children and we will come out of this pandemic stronger and wiser than we were before.