During the summer of 2020, our publishing company hosted an interview series with popular bookstores and libraries across the country. Our founder, Maria Dismondy, hosted the interviews. We got to take an inside look into these creative spaces that house our favorite things—books and books and readers!
Covid-19 caused a lot of heartache and disappointment in the world. But it couldn’t take books away from readers. Find out how these professionals in the industry used creative thinking to present out of the box ideas to offer programming and more to their readers.
In this interview, we heard from Margaret Girgis at the New Haven Public Library.
- New Haven Public Library serves a diverse population of 130,000 people from its 5 branches in major neighborhoods.
- The library is sitting right beside Yale University and is catering to about 20 schools around the district.
- The best way to reach the library right now is through their website https://nhfpl.org
- Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
- Book Fiesta!: Celebrate Children’s Day/Book Day; Celebremos El Dia de Los Ninos/El Dia de Los Libros (Bilingual Spanish-English)
- How to Be a Lion
Read this blog post if you want to know more about what we learned at the Summer Library & Bookstore Tour!