There are so many business books I have read that have benefited our publishing company or my author platform. Over the next few months, I will highlight some of my favorite business books with a brief synopsis of the book as well as my top ten take aways or quotes.
Book Title: Relax Into Wealth
Author: Alan Cohen
In Relax into Wealth, master storyteller Alan Cohen demonstratesthe intrinsic link between passion, authenticity, andprosperity. He shows that nothing pays like . . . being yourself.
This popular national speaker and bestselling writer delivershis prosperity principles in fifty-two true stories of successfulpeople he has encountered, including celebrities, Midas-touchentrepreneurs, shuttle-bus drivers, wide-eyed children, and evena stripper. Then, in his unique way, Cohen highlights the lessonwithin each parable and expands upon it, enabling readers toapply the principle to their own lives.
Cohen uses the story, the most cogent teaching device inhistory, to give readers an entertaining and accessible model.Relax into Wealth makes use of personal (and sometimes quiteintimate) tales to capture the reader’s attention and impart thewisdom found in the experience. Each of its fifty-two anecdotesends with a personal affirmation to help readers remember thelesson and carry it into real life.
Most popular books on success in business or personalfinance are formula-driven, focusing on techniques to makemore money, climb the corporate ladder, or outpower competition.Relax into Wealthis character-driven, shining the spotlighton the kind of heart, faith, and vision required to overcome fear,peer pressure, limiting beliefs, or a history of failure.
The book is about real people—in whom readers canrecognize themselves—featuring moneymakers who have beentrue to their passion and successful in their chosen domain.Every reader will see his own financial hopes—and how toachieve them—in the lives of the various characters.
I LOVED this book! Super short and relatable stories with actions YOU can take. I loved the journaling questions along with the affirmations. Business is not just about doing, it’s about living out the mission you created for your company each and every day. This is apparent in your actions and will help move you forward when you start and build your brand with integrity.
Top Ten Quotes:
- “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.”
- “Life is about movement, expansion, growth, and actualizing potential. If you stay in a home, relationship, or job beyond the time it is healthy for you, the universe will prod you with thorns as if to say, “It’s time to move to a broader domain.” If you do not heed the message, the thorns will get sharper and at some point you will have no choice but to fly. When you do, you will understand why a once comfortable situation became uncomfortable.”
- “The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.”
- “Communication is an offering. When you tell someone your truth, you must release your expectation of what the other person should do with it. They may thank you profusely, love you forever, argue with you, or ignore you. It doesn’t matter. Of course we hope the gift will be received with appreciation and thanks. But if it isn’t we must not dictate. We’ve done our part, and we must trust the universe to do the rest.”
- “The universe always gives you more of what you are focusing on.”
- “Money is but one venue for generosity.
Kindness is an even more valuable currency.”
- “Money is not the root of all evil…ignorance is the root of all evil. People do cruel and foolish things for money because they feel oppressed by a sense of lack. If people knew their power to generate wealth, they would never fight or hurt each other over money.”
- “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.”
- “Appreciation empowers not just money transactions, but all interactions. Gratitude is one of the greatest meditations of a lifetime, the fastest attitude uplifter I know. Be grateful for all the good in your life and your good will only increase, along with your happiness.”
- “Don’t postpone joy until you have learned all of your lessons. Joy is your lesson.”
Did you know you can get our latest updates sent RIGHT to your inbox? Sign up here.
My name is Maria Dismondy. I am a children’s book author who also founded the publishing company, Cardinal Rule Press.
Finding ways to market my messages is a passion of mine. I want to help you gain greater recognition of your brand, to generate new readers and improve your sales. Why? Because I love to GIVE and CONNECT and I truly believe we are all in this together!