Are you still trying to avoid using social media to market your books?
Don’t do it. Social Media marketing is free and effective. There are ways to market on a number of platforms without making you feel like you are glued to a device all day long. Here are some basic tips to get you going!
Step-by-Step to Marketing on Social Media:
- Choose a platform to focus on.
- I started with Facebook and now schedule on Twitter and Instagram as well.
- Create a business page or account.
- Use your author name, not the name of your book.
- Start posting valuable content on this platform to build your audience.
- Post articles from other websites, blog posts of your own, quotes relevant to your mission and book business, questions to engage your followers, book suggestions similar to yours, and more!
- Now start scheduling your posts. Sit down once a month for about one hour and schedule the following month. You can use the following websites to help you do this. Our recommendation is to schedule 4-7 posts per day. The way algorithms work with social media, followers won’t always see each of your posts, so you want to schedule them at various times throughout the day.
- Outsource the scheduling.
- I use a Google Sheet to plan out the month of posts then my assistant goes in and schedules it. There are ways to save you time. The content should come from you and the posts should be in your voice, but having someone do the back end will save you time to be working on the CEO list for your book business!
My name is Maria Dismondy. I am a children’s book author who also founded the publishing company, Cardinal Rule Press.
Finding ways to market my messages is a passion of mine. I want to help you gain greater recognition of your brand, to generate new readers and improve your sales. Why? Because I love to GIVE and CONNECT and I truly believe we are all in this together!
Would you like to receive bi-weekly email newsletters with more marketing education? Sign up here.